Thursday, September 14, 2006

Why you should always have a good friend that knows computers!

Tonight as I plugged in my camera to download some new pictures and put up some auctions.... my heart skipped a beat. The camera would not turn on, after a few heart stricken moments I noticed the computer was turned off. Whew! Hit the power button. NOTHING! Crap! Hit it again... no lovely blue light appeared. I then remember the power buzz we got earlier and thought the power strip must be off. Checked.. nope it was on. Pushed the power button again... nothing. Files, images, and stuff I've got on my computer that is not backed up start to flash through my mind. I instantly remember some saying about never leaving your computer on during a lightening storm as it will fry your computer. Oh no it was on!!!!! I run outside to check the fuse box (yes I'm a blond all the lights were on in the house but I'm a desperate person here!!!) I switch it off and then on again. Run back in the house and push the button and wait...... Nothing. :( I'm now trying to figure out how I'm going to come up with the money to fix it, then I reach for the phone and call my good friend Garrett.

Of course the first thing Garrett says after hello is... oh your calling to book a "Slumber Party" with his wife. See Garrett likes to make me blush.. he knows me being single sitting around with a bunch of "sexually active" women just is not a good time for me! He giggles and then I tell him my worries. He brillantly says.. go in unplug the computer, push the power button, and plug the computer back in. Of course this is when he asks me (Yes he knows I'm a blond) Do you have a powerstrip?? and is it on?? I telepathically slap him through the phone lines and say yes. It's the moment of truth..... I push the power button ..... and magically there it is! That lovely blue hue light is once again in business! Through shouts and screams and hollars Garrett finally gets that he has blessed my life and the computer is once again alive!

Garrett rocks plain and simple.

1 comments:

skyfirehoa said...

Guys like Garrett are worth their weight in GOLD. Just ask 'our boys' how many times they saved my butt from scenarios like this on a weekly basis.

I love the IT department.